On my last radio show, I had a listener to send a question about my thoughts on a positive attitude. My answer on the air was that a positive attitude is important to your life and that we should have a positive attitude as we tackle all of our challenges.
I have been thinking on that answer and while it was a good answer, it didn’t go deep enough.
So, I thought I would write a post on how you can ensure you have a positive outlook.
- Surround yourself with positive people. This may mean not spending time with “friends” or even some relatives as much. Negative people will bring you down.
- Read or listen to positive books, blogs, or podcasts. Fill your mind with positive input. Your mind sets the tempo for your body, so if you have a positive attitude, you have to fill your mind with positive input.
- Prayer and meditation works wonders to promote positive thinking. Spend five or ten minutes each day (I like the morning as it sets the tone for the rest of the day) in prayer or meditation.
- Quit watching TV. Most shows on TV are negative or promote negative thoughts.
- Disconnect for the internet for a while. You don’t have to stay constantly connected to the internet. Most people use the internet as a salve to cover their pain. They gossip, spread drama or feed their addictions online. All are negative and promote a negative attitude.
Now that you have five (not so) easy steps to a positive what can you expect from being positive? Studies have shown that positive people have better health, less stress and anxiety and live longer than negative people.
Try this and let me know how it works for you.