How nice it would be if we could be successful and life a purposeful life based on what we wanted or what we had intended to do. But, if it was that simple, wouldn’t everyone be successful and living their purpose? Our immediate wants and intentions only weigh us down.
So, what are these five simple, yet powerful steps? You will notice I didn’t say easy. Success is never easy. Success, living on purpose, takes constant effort.
Are you ready?
- First and foremost, you have define your purpose or what you consider successful. Without knowing this, you will never live your purpose. So, what it is your purpose, your gift, your calling? What do you consider being successful? Take the answer to those questions and you will have your step complete.
- Stop doing the same things that you are doing now. If what you are doing now would make you live your purpose or bring you closer to being successful, you would be there, right? Right. For most people, this is the hardest step as it requires change. Change is tough for most people. But change is the only constant in life.
- Stop procrastinating. That’s right, stop that now, as in right now. Live in the moment. You might not get another opportunity. Now is all you have. Do it while you can.
- Make a practice of being on purpose. As you go through your day, ask yourself if your thoughts or actions is being true to your purpose. If they aren’t, stop and change them. YOU control your life, your purpose. Don’t let things that aren’t your purpose or will lead to what you consider success, derail you. YOU DESERVE TO LIVE A PURPOSEFUL LIFE, TO HAVE SUCCESS.
- Stop the excuses. The one thing that people who aren’t living their life to their purpose have in common is that they make excuses. They make excuses, blaming their situation, others or their luck for their misfortunes. You aren’t like them, you are now living your life’s purpose.
People who are successful, truly successful, are living their purpose every day. Everything they do is focused on their purpose, their success.
All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.