After I got done with my radio show Tuesday night on having a vision for your life, I started thinking about the next step, living your life’s purpose. So, as part of my thinking about my purpose and living to it, I started researching on the internet. I found this letter from Apple to new employees.
There’s work and there’s your life’s work.
The kind of work that has your fingerprints all over it. The kind of work that you’d never compromise on. That you’d sacrifice a weekend for. You can do that kind of work at Apple. People don’t come here to play it safe. They come here to swim in the deep end.
They want their work to add up to something.
Something big. Something that couldn’t happen anywhere else.
Welcome to Apple.
Now, you don’t have to go to Apple to live your life’s purpose. But the sentiments should be the same. You should find your purpose and live to it. You only get one chance at life. Make it spectacular.
Before we go any further, I want to define what I think a life’s purpose would look like.
- It adds value to your life and others lives.
- It doesn’t cause harm to others emotionally, financially or physically.
- It aligns with your spiritual self.
If your “purpose” doesn’t meet all three of the above, I would be praying about it. It may just be want you to do and not your true purpose.
So, after reading the letter, I have a few questions for you:
- Do you know your purpose?
- Are you living your purpose?
- Are you compromising or living it fully?
- If you are leader in your organization, is your organization setup to help your employees to live their purpose?
- Do you inspire others to live their purpose?
It’s never to late to begin live your life’s purpose. Start today.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.