As I sit here, listening to some music on youtube.com, my playlist brings up “If Today Was Your Last Day” by Nickelback and it got me thinking. Why don’t we live like today is our last? Because we don’t know if it will be or not.
Listen to the song as you read this post.
Lets look at some of the questions in the song and see how you answer them.
- Do you look at each day as a gift and not a right?
- Do you leave your fears behind?
- Take the path less traveled?
- Can you say goodbye to yesterday?
- Would you live each moment like your last?
- Leave old pictures in the past?
- Donate every dime you had?
- Realize that what’s worth the price is always worth the fight?
- Realize every second counts ’cause there’s no second try?
- Do you live like you’re never living twice?
- Don’t take the free ride in your own life?
- Would you forgive your enemies?
- And would you find that one you’re dreaming of?
- Swear up and down to God above that you’d finally fall in love?
- Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
- Do you know it’s never too late to shoot for the stars?
- Do you do whatever it takes ’cause you can’t rewind a moment in this life?
- Do you let things stand in your way?
- Do you realize that the hands of time are never on your side?
Think about the impact you could have if you only did a quarter of those things as if it was your last day. If you did half, you could change your world and the world of those around you. If we all did all of those, we would change the world.
So, how are you living your day?
Let me know your thoughts below.