Well, 2012 is officially here. These first few days we spend looking back at 2011, making resolutions, watching college football and spending time with family. We really don’t get into the year until almost week into the year. Then things start settling into the normal pattern.
This year can be your best year you ever had, if you are willing to grow and push your self to new limits. Or it can like the other years in your life where you simply go through the motions. How can you make this your best year ever? I have a few tips for you that I will share.
- Make SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant and Time based goals are easier to achieve because you can see your progress.
- Be accountable to someone. It can be a counselor, coach, pastor or a good friend. Accountability is needed so that you stay on track to your goals. Without accountability you will have a tendency to drift off track. We all do.
- Spend time to grow your spiritual life. This connection helps bring peace and purpose to your life.
- Speaking of purpose, know yours. Living your life to the purpose you were made for is your highest calling.
- Finally, know your priorities. When you know and live to your priorities, you will have an inner peace instead of the conflict you feel when you aren’t living to your priorities.
Make the effort to make 2012 the year you live your life on purpose. Don’t be afraid to make changes, positive changes, in your life. Change is the only constant in life. Change is neither good nor bad. How you react to the change is what makes it good or bad.