We all have our comfort zone that we like to stay in. Our comfort zone is what we think gives us comfort, but really keeps us from being all we can be. Staying in the comfort zone is really being a rut. Our habits and fears contribute to our comfort zone.
So, are you ready to get ready to get out of your comfort zone and live our life to fullest? Here are some tips to get out your comfort zone:
- Do something different and see what happens. If you are shy, introduce yourself to someone new. If you afraid of speaking in public, try talking to a small group of people. Doing something different allows you to overcome your fears and expands your possibilities.
- Analyze your habits and see if they are providing the results you want. If they aren’t, stop doing them and develop new habits that will. After all, we are the sum of our habits.
- Look at yourself. Take some time and truly look at yourself. Examine if you are the person you want to be. Make a list of what you are doing right and what needs to change to be the person you want to be. Appreciate who you are and understand that you hold the key to being the person you want to be. Pick one thing from the list you want to change and work on that until you have changed that about yourself. Then move on to the next item.
- Be true to yourself. You are unique and no one else can do what you are meant to do.
- Slow down and live in the moment. Don’t dwell on the past, you can’t change it. Don’t worry about the future because the future isn’t guaranteed for any of us. Live, and enjoy, the moment. Live each moment to the fullest, appreciating what it holds. When we dwell on the past or the future, we are sacrificing the moment at hand.
Getting out of your comfort zone can be scary, but you can only grow if you are willing to step outside of your comfort zone. Fear of the unknown, fear of stepping out of your comfort zone is keeping you where you are. Are you happy with your life now or is there something you would like to do? Step out and do it.
This past month, I have taken steps to step outside my comfort zone. I have always had a fear of public speaking, so I did a live radio interview about my book and business. You can listen to it here. It was scary at first, but I survived and now know that can do that. Another step out of my comfort zone was taking a Ballroom Dancing class. That is something I have always wanted to try. I am now half way through with the class and am enjoying it (though I am not real good at dancing).
If you are taking steps to get out of your comfort zone, please share them with me. If you aren’t, what are you waiting for? There is whole new world of experiences waiting for you.