Are you moving forward in your life? If you aren’t moving forward, you are not sitting still, you are moving backward. Staying the same in life is moving backward because for each day you aren’t moving forward you lose that day. Time is not a respecter of persons. Each day we have opportunity to move forward or fall behind.
A Quick Test to See if You Are Moving Forward
- Is your life what you want it to be?If the answer is no, are working to change it? If you are not taking steps to change it, you aren’t moving forward. Steps you can to take to change your life include:
- Do things that have value to life instead of wasting time on things that provide little or no value.
- Concentrate on living instead of existing.
- Focus on what is truly important in your life.
- As you go through the day, what do you say about your life? We all mentally talk to ourselves, what are you saying to yourself? Are you saying how good things are? Or do you tell yourself how bad things are. Your thoughts control your actions. Think positive, act positive. This can change your whole outlook on life.
- As you go through your life, are you honest with yourself about where you are at in your life? Do you truly look at your life and see how it is or do you have on rose colored glasses? An honest assessment will show you what needs to change to have the life you want. Evaluate your life and make the changes necessary to get the life you want.
- Would you want life to be a book on the New York Times best seller list? Are you living a life that would make you proud to have others read about or is it not what you want others know about? We all have things that are personal and wouldn’t want everyone to know about. How we handle those things are more important then the flaws we have. If we are not trying to change the flaws, we aren’t moving forward. It doesn’t matter how many times we fail, what matters is how long we stay down and if we learn from it. Think of the best biographies you have read. Most have a common theme, what the person overcame to get the life they wanted. The best biographies celebrated the triumph of overcoming faults and obstacles to achieve the best life the person could.
So, how are you doing? Do you want to move forward, but don’t know how? A coach can help you get unstuck in your life. Check out my coaching packages to get started today.
How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
– Annie Dillard